Does your community organisation have a project that needs funding?
The Stronger Communities Programme is designed to fund high priority capital projects in the electorate of Watson that:
- improve local participation and cohesion;
- are supported by the local community;
- are well costed;
- can be delivered within the two-year timeframe of the programme; and
- will be delivered by community organisations that are reputable and genuinely not for-profit.
- Local government and incorporated not-for-profit organisations are eligible to apply.
- Grants of between $5,000 and up to a maximum of $20,000 are available.
- Applicants are required to confirm matched funding in cash or in-kind on at least a dollar-for-dollar basis.
Eligible project examples:
- fit-out of a community centre or health centre (kitchen upgrades, computer equipment, TVs, furniture or fittings);
- sporting facility upgrades including new scoreboards, seating, change rooms, canteens, lights, water systems, gymnasiums, skate parks;
- streetscapes and bike paths; or
- equipment for use by local SES.
Applications for this Grant are now CLOSED for 2016.